Please note, our formal applications for our 2022 Software Engineer and Software Engineer Intern positions are currently closed. However, we’d love to stay in touch for 2023 full-time and internship opportunities!
Register below to join our talent community and be the first to know when our 2023 roles open. We'll keep you updated on upcoming opportunities and events for students in our Chicago and Austin locations.
Improving the markets requires proprietary trading systems nimble enough to operate at peak efficiency – even in the most extreme market conditions. Optiver’s entire operation relies on a specific group of people to build, operate and maintain those systems in their entirety – its engineers.
For our internship roles, our Software Engineering Interns build and release software just like our full-time engineers do. After a two-week training program covering the fundamentals of our trading systems and engineering principles, you’ll join a team of Senior Engineers tasked with finding elegant solutions to complex problems. You won’t just have a chance to contribute, you’ll be expected to. After all, the best way to learn is to do.
For our Graduate Software Engineering roles, you’ll be placed in a rigorous training program where you’ll learn the ins and outs of our trading systems and the engineering principles that underpin our decision making. Some of the challenges you’ll face daily include managing scarce bandwidth resources, automatically pricing diverse sets of financial instruments, and guaranteeing our systems are safe and controlled in an environment with no room for error. Needless to say, rapidly changing market events ensure a steady flow of new and complex challenges that will require you to constantly sharpen your skills.
Technology at Optiver:
As a Software Engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems – and craft intricate solutions – from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking, and the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that touch the lives of millions of people.
What you’ll need:
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and systems programming concepts
- Experience coding in C++, C#, C, or Java
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
- Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
- Working toward a BS or MS in computer science, or related technical field
Our Software Engineers:
- Graduating with a BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- Have an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023 (spring and fall 2023 start dates available)
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]