Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker specialising in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them!
What you’ll do:
As a Macro Research Analyst at Optiver, you will be joining a burgeoning team aiming at providing the best insight possible into the Commodities markets. You will be collaborating closely with other Analysts and Traders by providing research and scenario analysis plus suggesting how this could impact the price or volatility of a commodity. This is an exciting role where you will be building out the team’s fundamental modelling framework and analysis process in a greenfield environment. Specifically:
- You will be responsible for leveraging knowledge of current events and your fundamental research experience to inform the team’s trading decisions.
- You will be expected to stay up to date with global news and maintain expert-level knowledge of current events that are driving price changes and assist traders in forecasting forward volatility and price movements across the Commodities markets (Natural Gas/Metals/Oil/Agri).
- You will visualize tough trading questions and quantitatively and qualitatively solve them before presenting in a digestible way.
- You will use data to look to the past and predict the future to identify new trading opportunities.
What you’ll need:
- Strong macro research experience, preferably with a specialized expertise in one Commodity market (Natural Gas/Metals/Oil/Agri)
- Familiarity with various research/database platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters etc.)
- An good understanding of what data is available in order to support your research to the business. The ability to decipher large datasets using programming languages such as Python or C# is beneficial but not essential
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills with a pro-active, precise mind
- A keen interest in global economics and politics
- Experience in identifying emerging opportunities and risks
- A Bachelors degree, and ideally CFA qualification
- Fluency in English and highly effective communication skills
- A competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly develop
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.