What we are looking for:
Optiver is looking for a motivated and driven intern with a strong research background to join our high-performing Compliance Team. As Compliance Intern, you will apply a keen eye for detail and excellent problem solving skills to support the key functions and success of our Compliance Team. This intern will join the team on-site in Chicago, working part-time from January – June and full-time from June – August.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and assess the firm’s trade activity through an internal system whose reports cover areas such as market maker obligations and market manipulation
- Assist with the preparation of responses to formal investigations and other regulatory inquiries from various exchanges and FINRA
- Develop deep understanding of our Compliance Team objectives and functions, providing strong support to a number of on-going initiatives
- Assist with regulatory exams and audits
- Review internally designed exception reports
- Review and clarify proposed industry rules for applicability
- Facilitate rule interpretation, continuing education and best business practices through training and issuance of compliance memos
- Manage form filings, securities registration/licensing, and SRO Exchange registration through the FINRA Web CRD portal
- Understand the functions performed by the various teams such as Trading, Technology and Operations
What you’ll need:
- 2nd or 3rd year law student preferred
- Self-motivation – you will manage and prioritize multiple on-going projects in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent eye for detail and high level of integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office – strong capabilities in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong time management skills with an emphasis on follow-through
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to the Compliance Intern position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2022.