Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker specialising in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them!
What you’ll do:
Relying on your knowledge of FCA and European Rules & Regulations, you will assist the small but growing Compliance team by helping improve the Firm’s Compliance framework, managing the Firm’s onboarding program, and assisting where required to help the Compliance team run more efficiently. Compliance’s role is to establish the necessary compliance processes and procedures to allow Optiver to fulfil its vision of improving the markets.
Our current team consists of two individuals with experience from both Regulatory and Proprietary Trading backgrounds. The individual who will fit well into the team will be one with a positive attitude, who has the skills to own projects from the start to completion.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Managing the Firm’s personal investment account and outside business activities program
- Assisting in drafting compliance briefs on upcoming rules, revisions to rules, and industry practices
- Reviewing electronic communications and phone recordings to detect and assess potentially problematic activity
- Identifying potential areas of compliance concern in order to assist in developing policies, procedures, and compliance monitoring for a given area
- Assisting in maintaining the Firm’s written compliance and supervisory policies and procedures
- Auditing and reviewing existing monitoring systems and controls
- Conducting trainings on new or changed rules and acceptable business practices
- Managing the Firm’s onboarding program
What you’ll need:
- 2-5 years’ compliance related experience in a trading environment
- Experience with UK exchanges and/or regulators
- An understanding of US and European trading rules and regulations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic & ability to contribute to the Compliance Team in various areas
- A detail oriented team player with a pro-active personality
What’s in it for you?
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration;
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays;
- Daily Breakfast and lunch;
- Home to office commute covered;
- 50% paid gym subscription;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Pension scheme;
- Training and continuous learning opportunities;
- Access to conferences and Tech events;
- International transfer opportunities.