Optiver is a looking for an Execution Trader with a history in executing large trades. As Execution Trader you will communicate with our network of brokers, handling incoming price requests and relaying information onto the traders. It is your responsibility to get the full information and best execution for our non-screen based trades and ensuring a smooth trade process. Alongside this you will maintain and build upon our longstanding relationships within the broker community. In case of conflict you must be able to handle it constructively whilst preserving Optiver’s long standing relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and capitalize on market opportunities both independently and within the trading team;
- Make split-second trading decisions that can instantly impact profitability;
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with counterparties such as agencies, banks and brokers;
- Constantly aiming to identify new product/market opportunities in order to diversify our strategies and maximize success;
- Improve execution and access to Commodities (oil/gas/metals/agri) volume;
- Represent Optiver’s quotes and execute orders with many of the world’s largest trading desks via phone, IM, and Bloomberg;
- Understand and apply knowledge of the exchanges’ rules & regulations and market structures in which we engage.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in the finance industry. Trading in commodities options (gas/metals/oil/agri) is a plus;
- Ability to source, maintain, and manage account relationships;
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes;
- Competitive attitude and dedication to constantly improve;
- Strong mathematical and quantitative background;
- Computer programming skills are a plus, but not required;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to make quick and accurate decisions in a fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you?
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration;
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays;
- Daily Breakfast and lunch;
- Home to office commute covered;
- 50% paid gym subscription;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Pension scheme;
- Training and continuous learning opportunities;
- Access to conferences and Tech events;
- International transfer opportunities.