Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker specialising in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them!
What you’ll do:
Relying on a deep knowledge of European and U.S. Rules & Regulations, you will assist the small but growing Compliance team by helping improve the Firm’s Compliance framework, tailoring monitoring programs to detect potentially non-compliant activity, and assisting where required to help the Compliance team run more efficiently. Compliance’s role is to establish the necessary compliance processes and procedures to allow Optiver to fulfil its vision of improving the markets.
Our current team consists of two individuals with experience from both Regulatory and Proprietary Trading backgrounds. The individual who will fit well into the team will be one with a positive attitude, who has the skills to own projects from the start to completion.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and where applicable enhancing the swap trading framework of the firm’s existing compliance monitoring programme
- Advising on and supporting the implementation process of compliance requirements;
- Support the implementation of current and new trading rules & regulations;
- Identifying potential areas of compliance concern in order to develop policies, procedures, and compliance monitoring for the given area;
- Audit and review existing monitoring systems and controls;
- Issue memos and conduct trainings on new or changed rules and acceptable business practices.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ compliance related experience in a derivatives trading environment.
- Experience working for a CFTC regulated Swap Dealer and with OTC traded products;
- Experience working within a global firm to evidence understanding across jurisdictions;
- Experience with UK exchanges and/or regulators;
- Have an exceptionally strong understanding of US and EU swap trading rules and regulations;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic & ability to contribute to the Compliance Team in various areas;
- A team player with a pro-active and results-driven personality.
What’s in it for you?
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration;
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays;
- Daily Breakfast and lunch;
- Home to office commute covered;
- 50% paid gym subscription;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Pension scheme;
- Training and continuous learning opportunities;
- Access to conferences and Tech events;
- International transfer opportunities.