As one of the world’s leading Market Making firms, we at Optiver pride ourselves on our abilities to improve the market by providing liquidity in all market conditions. In order to grow our market making reach, we have begun trading directly with end users in the fixed income, index, and commodities space. We are looking for an experienced & dynamic associate focused on trade booking and reconciliation to join our institutional trading team.
The ideal candidate has experience in a middle or back office role(s) within the financial space and a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an impact to our Institutional Trading team by supporting our traders in delivering timely and accurate trade bookings.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare all daily, intraday, and monthly reports on reconciliations/bookings and address any exceptions with the institutional trading team
- Perform trade bookings in a timely manner in support of the trading desk
- Work closely with commodities and FX traders to understand Optiver’s trading strategies and assist in executing participant orders
- Identify, resolve, and analyse any differences in trade details and PnL
- Develop fluency with existing internal systems, exchange booking interfaces and procedures with an aim to proactively improve them
- Identify opportunities to intelligently automate while maintaining firm human control
- Handle analytic metrics to improve and report on the performance and efficiency of systems
- Work in tandem with back office engineering to ensure the health and stability of the processes and systems
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to proactively identify both technical and operational deficiencies
- Ability to automate and improve processes by learning and applying technical tools such as Excel, VBA, Python, or SQL
- Comfortable working with traders directly in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve
- Ability to learn rules and regulations governing the US futures exchanges
- Legal authorisation to work in the UK is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorisation for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.