Are you a STEM student looking to leverage your strong problem-solving and analytical skills to establish a technical career? Optiver's Engineering Apprenticeship transforms high-aptitude candidates into high-producing engineers through mentorship and on-the-job learning on one of our IT Operations teams. This opportunity is entry-level and no technical experience is required as we provide you with the training and tools to become a successful engineer. The Apprenticeship is a great way to start a full-time technical career in the fast-paced and competitive industry
Technology at Optiver:
Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our trading teams. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Attend professional training to become Red Hat Linux (RHCSA) certified
- Work with mentors to learn technical skills, operational thinking, and engineering design
- Gain a deep understanding of our trading systems and what it takes to reliably run critical trading infrastructure
- Work at a technology-driven company where you can make an immediate impact
- Start your career in IT Operations
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering degree is a plus)
- Have an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Strong work ethic and passion for operational excellence
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to the Engineering Apprenticeship position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2022.