Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker specialising in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them!
Our London office is the latest edition to our global presence and we are now looking for highly motivated, entrepreneurial data scientists to join our trading team.
At Optiver you will leverage statistical analysis and data mining to assist in developing new trading strategies as well as refine existing ones. You will be responsible for quantitative analysis, research, and tool development. As members of the Trading Team, Data Scientists collaborate with Traders to creatively solve complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Quantitatively analyze trade and market data
- Use a multitude of mathematical techniques to identify patterns in financial markets
- Collaborate with Senior Traders and Data Scientists to develop strategies based on identified patterns
- Rigorously back-test prototyped trading strategies
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or STEM related field
- Proficiency with a programming language, preferably Python
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience with large data sets
- The ability to think independently and work collaboratively with Traders and Developers
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and a growing office in London, our mission to improve the market unites us.
When applying for a role with Optiver FX Limited, the recruitment process is run via our Optiver US recruitment team and the personal data you will submit as part of the recruitment process will be processed in the US.