As one of the world’s leading Market Making firms, we at Optiver pride ourselves on our abilities to improve the market by providing liquidity in all market conditions. In order to grow our market making reach, we have begun trading directly with end users in the commodities space and are looking for an experienced & dynamic Sales Trader to join our team.
The ideal candidate has experience building relationships within the commodities space and strong selling capabilities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact to our Sales Trading team by driving revenue and building out our market participant network.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with end users in the commodities space
- Work closely with Derivatives Traders in the US and UK to understand Optiver’s trading strategies and execute participant orders
- Develop participant profiles, reports and analyses
- Actively manage a CRM system
- Work with marketing team to develop and maintain content as it pertains to direct trading initiatives
- Attend conferences and seminars for related products
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales trading or sales associate role, with a focus on commodities
- Strong knowledge about the derivatives market and its participants at CME & ICE exchanges
- Existing contacts with derivatives end users and the ability to build a book of counterparties
- Willingness to travel and meet face to face with prospective and current counterparties
- An ability to entertain and manage the organization of events
- Strong communication skills and self-assurance
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations governing the markets we trade
- Legal authorization to work in the U.K. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.