The DevOps Team designs and develops custom software tools to support the needs and processes of Optiver's Site Reliability Engineering, Linux Engineering, Windows Engineering, and Network Engineering operations teams. We are key drivers of our principled operational culture, and use our technical expertise to influence design decisions for the entirety of our operations infrastructure. We work on a broad spectrum of problems across the entire stack, designing and creating custom solutions from the ground up.
We work closely with development and operations teams to identify the business problems we face, and we build the tooling and infrastructure to overcome these challenges. We apply a disciplined and principled approach to operations engineering, creating simple and robust solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our production environment. We solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you'll do:
- Design, build, and maintain the tooling used by operations team to deploy, monitor, and configure our production environment
- Provide DevOps expertise to development, operations, and trading teams
- Establish and implement configuration and interoperability standards across trading applications
- Build infrastructure to monitor the health and stability of the production trading environment
- Create tooling and infrastructure to support AWS cloud computing environments
- Ensure new and existing programs adhere to our coding, architectural, and operational standards
- Thoughtfully decide when to build and when to buy
- Establish vision and technical direction for major operations initiatives
- Track and solve issues as part of a fast-paced and results driven IT team
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field
- Strong experience with programming (python preferred)
- Broad understanding of the full stack, including networks, hardware, OS, databases, web servers, and applications
- Operations engineering experience a plus
- Knowledge of the trading and finance industries is not required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking traders, software engineers and interns who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
*If you are an upcoming graduate, please instead apply to our Graduate DevOps Software Engineer position.*