Please note, our formal applications for our graduate Data Science positions are currently closed. Considering, we’d love to stay in touch for 2023 opportunities!
Register below to join our talent community and be the first to know when our 2023 roles open. We'll keep you up-to-date on upcoming opportunities and events for students.
Learn more about what you'll do here:
At Optiver, our Data Scientists leverage statistical analysis and data mining to assist in developing new trading strategies as well as refine existing ones. You will be responsible for quantitative analysis, research, and tool development. As members of the Trading Team, Data Scientists sit on our trading floor and collaborate with Traders to understand and solve complex problems. As a Data Scientist, you can expect to do the following:
- Quantitatively analyze trade and market data
- Use a multitude of mathematical techniques to identify patterns in financial markets
- Collaborate with Traders and Data Scientists to develop strategies based on identified patterns
- Rigorously back-test prototyped trading strategies
What you’ll need:
- 0-1 year of internship or research experience
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science or STEM related field
- Proficiency with Python
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience with large data sets
- The ability to think independently and work collaboratively with Traders and Developers
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]