At Optiver, we strive for excellence in all things we do. We are looking for an Inventory Specialist that shares this mindset. A well-engineered inventory system is just as important to us as well-engineered trading software. If you are someone who takes pride in what you do, who relentlessly strives for perfection, and gets a kick out of systematizing and organizing your domain, then you’re the person we seek. This is a chance to take ownership of the physical part of our trading infrastructure across multiple data centers and thousands of servers, all the while striving for simplicity and operational excellence.
Location: Aurora, IL
What you’ll do:
• You will be responsible for maintaining inventory at our US sites, by means included, but not limited to the following:
• Maintain a live physical asset database for all hardware
• Receive and document physical asset purchase orders at our primary local site
• Coordinate receiving and verification of physical asset purchase orders at remote sites
• Organize and maintain clean storage spaces as hardware needs to evolve
• Design and implement continuous updates to the Inventory & Fulfilment process in an effort to make the process more efficient and mature
• Identify inefficiencies and build project plans to address and improve the Inventory & Fulfilment process
• Perform regular inventory audits of all sites
• Ship and receive hardware between all sites
• Install newly received network devices and servers in a staging area and test for faulty hardware
• Coordinate Return Merchandise Authorization orders with the Procurement team
What you’ll need:
• Attention to detail
• Great communication skills
• Strong documentation skills
• Ability to identify IT/data center hardware – switches, servers and server parts, transceivers, copper, fiber and A/V cabling, etc.
• Ability to identify and resolve operational inefficiencies
• Basic understanding of server hardware and troubleshooting steps
• Basic understanding of Windows and Linux OS
• Jira familiarity
• Ability to lift 75lbs
• Reliable transportation (this role is located in Aurora, IL)
• Ability to occasionally travel to New Jersey colocations when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.