Please note, our formal applications for the 2021 Software Engineer and Software Engineer Intern positions are currently closed. Considering, we’d love to stay in touch for 2022 full-time and intern roles!
Register below to join our talent community and be the first to know when our 2022 roles open. We'll keep you up-to-date on upcoming opportunities and events for students.
Improving the markets requires proprietary trading systems nimble enough to operate at peak efficiency in even the most extreme market conditions. Optiver’s engineers build those systems.
For our internship role, our software engineering interns build and release software just like our full-time engineers. After a two-week training program covering the fundamentals of our trading systems and engineering principles, you’ll join a team of senior engineers tasked with finding elegant solutions to complex problems. You won’t just have a chance to contribute, you’ll be expected to. After all, the best way to learn is to do.
For our software engineer role, It starts with a rigorous training program, during which you’ll learn the ins and outs of our trading systems and the engineering principles that underpin our decision-making. Some of the challenges you’ll face daily include managing scarce bandwidth resources, automatically pricing diverse sets of financial instruments and guaranteeing our systems are safe and controlled in an environment with no room for error. Of course, rapidly changing market events ensure a steady flow of new and complex challenges that will require you to constantly sharpen your skills.
Technology at Optiver:
As a software engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. And the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
What you’ll need:
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and systems programming concepts
- Experience coding in C++, C#, C, or Java
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
- Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, or related technical field
Our software engineers:
- Graduating with a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Have an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022 (Spring and Fall 2022 start dates available)
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]