Please note, our formal applications for the 2021 Software Engineering position are currently closed. We are seeking expressions of interest for our 2022 campaign and would love to hear from you!
Register below to join our talent community and be the first to know when our 2022 roles open. We'll keep you up-to-date on upcoming opportunities and events for students.
Improving the markets requires proprietary trading systems nimble enough to operate at peak efficiency in even the most extreme market conditions. Optiver’s engineers build those systems. It starts with a rigorous training program, during which you’ll learn the ins and outs of our trading systems and the engineering principles that underpin our decision-making. Some of the challenges you’ll face daily include managing scarce bandwidth resources, automatically pricing diverse sets of financial instruments and guaranteeing our systems are safe and controlled in an environment with no room for error. Of course, rapidly changing market events ensure a steady flow of new and complex challenges that will require you to constantly sharpen your skills.
Technology at Optiver:
As an engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. And the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
What you’ll need:
- Graduating with a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Have an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022 (Spring and Fall 2022 start dates available)
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and systems programming concepts
- Experience coding in C++, C#, C, or Java
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
- Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking traders, software engineers and interns who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]