We looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our burgeoning office in London where you will be responsible for developing our FX platform as well as helping us to establish new trading platforms for new markets in the future. This is a chance to help us shape our position and disrupt the FX marketplace. An eye for design and an entrepreneurial mindset will be critical for our success as well as your own.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems and respond to market events in nanoseconds.
Technology facilitates our ability to tackle the challenging problems of trading in new ways. We build sophisticated trading engines, low-latency connectivity software, modern user interfaces and more in-house. Having a team of passionate, inventive software developers that thrive on solving problems is fundamental to our success. Here you can build something in the morning and its trading in the afternoon.
What you’ll do:
We looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our burgeoning office in London where you will be responsible for developing our FX platform as well as helping us to establish new trading platforms for new markets in the future. This is a chance to help us shape our position within the FX marketplace. An eye for design and an entrepreneurial mindset will be critical for our success as well as your own. Some key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, support, and maintain trading systems, tools and infrastructure
- Build user interfaces that present coherent, responsive real-time visualizations of market activity and system performance while providing intuitive control of a highly complex system
- Integrate our system with multi-trading platforms and third parties as well as our global office network
- Build pricing automation rules for an OTC trading business with an extremely low error tolerance
- Collaborate deeply with traders, risk analysts, researchers, and other engineers
- Gain and develop an in-depth understanding of trading theory and practice
- Ensure new and existing programs adhere to our coding, architectural, and operational standards
At Optiver we pride ourselves on being real engineers, not just coders. Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you’ll need:
- Authorisation to work in the UK preferred
- Strong engineering instincts and a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience writing software in C#, C++, C, or Java with a proven ability to deliver scalable, reliable, high-quality clean code
- A passion for continuous improvement and test-driven design plus innovative, big-picture thinking grounded in real-world pragmatism
- An understanding of the FIX engines, FIX protocol and connectivity
- Ability to operate autonomously we as well as collaborate with developers, traders, researchers and business operations
- Ideally experience connecting trading platforms to multi-trading platforms and exchanges and the ability to build a trading system that covers the entire lifecycle
- Options or FX experience is a plus to understand the nuances of what we are trying to build, although training will be offered so it is not essential to have a finance or trading background
- Experience or an interest in low-latency optimisation, networking or real-time systems will set you apart from other applicants
What’s in it for you?
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays
- Daily Breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities