Optiver is looking to add FPGA Engineers to its Automated Trading Systems (ATS) team. ATS solve a variety of problems with high degrees of difficulty: managing scarce bandwidth resources, responding to market events with extremely low latency, and automatically pricing diverse sets of financial instruments with near-zero error tolerance. We build systems with little room for failure which add to the stability of the market, not detract from it. These systems must be simple, flexible, and well-architected so they can quickly be changed to meet the dynamic needs of our traders. We already have a team of great engineers, but we need more.
Optiver Hardware Engineers:
- Accelerate network infrastructure and trading system components with high speed FPGA designs.
- Research new low-latency techniques and identify opportunities for integration with our trading system.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of traders, software developers, and infrastructure engineers.
- Leverage the best hardware available, ensuring our FPGAs can interface with cutting edge server hardware.
What you'll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in CE, EE, CS, or related technical field
- Experience designing FPGAs in VHDL or Verilog. We use VHDL.
- Experience coding in VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog, C, or C++
- Experience with digital simulators and self-checking test benches a plus
- Ability to work closely with software developers to rapidly deliver integrated systems.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.