Our Network Engineers are responsible for the design and management of both enterprise and trading networks. In our enterprise network we optimize for reliability and scalability. In our trading network we optimize for a variety of performance characteristics, like latency, that keep us competitive. In all that we do, we strive for simplicity and operational excellence.
As part of our networks team, you will work with other engineering teams in designing purpose built systems. Our engineering culture is highly collaborative. Network engineers are expected to participate in design discussions with both developers and traders with the goal of solving problems that really matter to the business.
What you'll do:
- Our flat structure means you will be responsible for end-to-end support and project work
- Collaborate with and provide technical expertise to developers and FPGA hardware engineers to ensure our speed and success in the market
- Deploy, monitor, and configure network infrastructure including Cisco, Arista, and Juniper network equipment
- Track and solve issues as part of a fast-paced results driven set of engineering teams
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Deep understanding of routing and switching
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting networks using L1/L2/L3 networks and technologies
- Experience managing data centers
- Experience individually delivering end-to-end projects from initiation through completion
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/UDP, including multicast
- Proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. python or bash) and ability to work with UNIX systems
- Experience with low-latency networking is beneficial but not required
- Experience with taps and aggregation switches is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of trading exchanges and financial instruments is not required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.