Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications.
The User Solutions Team has a dual function; to ensure our employees can have maximum productivity at all times and to build tooling to improve their user experience. While working closely with enterprise, trading and business side teams you'll be diagnosing, troubleshooting, automating and building end to end solutions from scratch. Our technology is reliable, low latency, and fundamental to our business, so you will play a vital part in ensuring sure we meet our trading goals.
As a User Endpoint Engineer at Optiver you will own core internal workspace configuration management for our users while working with stakeholders across business, technical, and enterprise teams.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with business focused technology teams to fix incidents, solving technical ad hoc problems, performance monitoring and managing system capacity;
- Own operating systems and underlying machine layers across all user endpoints, as well as their licensing
- Have a concentrated focus on workstation security patching and hardening at the OS and machine layer
- Optimize trading workstation performance monitoring and engineering
- Act as a primary point of contact for user workspace configuration management
- Perform daily assessments to ensure the environment is running in an optimal state
- Identify initiatives that result in a more reliable environment and a better experience for our users through adoption of technology or proprietary tool development
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- A problem-solving and continuous improvement mentality and an interest in Infrastructure-as-Code practices
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM or Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Intune, Office 365, and Exchange operations
- Previous exposure to Active Directory and VMWare or equivalent virtual desktop environments
- Understanding of software management automation platforms or apps, such as Chocolatey
- High attention to detail coupled with strong communication skills
- Automation scripting experience (Python or Powershell ideally)
- The ability to multitask and prioritize in collaboration with other teams
What you can expect from us
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks. We provide you with the support and tools needed to develop your skills on the job so that you are empowered to perform at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please provide us with a CV and a cover letter in English.