Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications.
The User Solutions Team has a dual function; to ensure our employees can have maximum productivity at all times and to build tooling to improve their user experience. While working closely with enterprise, trading and business side teams you'll be diagnosing, troubleshooting, automating and building end to end solutions from scratch. Our technology is reliable, low latency, and fundamental to our business, so you will play a vital part in ensuring sure we meet our trading goals.
In this hands on, early career role, you will have the opportunity to impact the day-to-day work experience for all of our users. Optiver’s dynamic working environment means that user requirements are always changing.
We view this role as an introductory step into the world of Infrastructure and User Support at Optiver. You will have strong mentors around you and the opportunity to directly impact the work of trading, engineering and other business critical functions within the company.
What You’ll Do
- Be a primary point of contact for issues related to user-facing hardware including monitors, workstations, laptops, mobile devices and printers
- Manage day-to-day provisioning of user equipment, and oversee asset inventory and lifecycle management for end user equipment
- Display strong user first interpersonal skills to ensure all their needs are met
- Oversee the receipt of equipment from third party vendors ensuring that is asset management administration is accounted for
- First line troubleshooting of AV/VC system failures
- Own the provisioning of user workstation builds
- Work in tandem with our Facilities team on new office buildouts, expansions and migrations
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- A problem-solving, continuous improvement and user-first mentality
- Familiar with safe physical working practices
- A systematic and thorough approach in the way you operate and unrelenting in your drive to identify improvements in firm wide hardware user experience
- Understanding of networking connectivity, hardware and OS
- Demonstrated interest in hardware set-up, performance and optimization
- Prior experience with user groups of more than 500 employees
- Drive to identify opportunities to innovate and advance solutions while shaping our future hardware product selection
What you can expect from us
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks. We provide you with the support and tools needed to develop your skills on the job so that you are empowered to perform at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please provide us with a CV and a cover letter in English.