Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
We strive for excellence in all things we do. We are looking for a Data Center Engineer that shares this mindset. Well-planned and well-orchestrated data center infrastructure is just as important to us as well-engineered trading software.
We are looking for an Engineer who is committed to improvement and would be eager to bring new ideas to the table. This is a chance to take ownership of the physical parts of our trading infrastructure across multiple data centers and thousands of servers, all the while striving for simplicity and operational excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of maintaining our co-locations and on-site data center, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Installing and cabling switches, servers, and appliances in our onsite data center
- Taking pride in maintaining a consistent and clean cable management philosophy
- Getting equipment to and from remote colocations including packing/shipping
- Maintaining our data center documentation with potential opportunity to take ownership over this
- Facilitating the installation of servers and network equipment with smart hands across remote co-locations
- Managing power and space including monitoring and capacity planning
- Planning moves and new build-outs
- Contributing to the build and maintenance of our office infrastructure environment, such as our trading floor
- Managing our equipment inventory
- Replacing hard drives/memory/transceivers and other hardware related tasks as required by our server and network teams
What you’ll need:
- Creative problem solving skills: you will be expected to come up with solutions to problems at hand, opposed to waiting for orders
- Experience working in a modern, large-scale data center
- Strong documentation and logistics mentality
- Attention to detail, cleanliness and an appreciation for simplicity
- Ability to identify basic parts of network equipment – SFPs, line cards, chassis
- Ability to identify basic parts of servers – memory, network card, hard drives
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems using cat 5, cat 6, multi-mode and single-mode fiber
- Familiarity with both power and communications cabling standards
- Experience configuring and using cable testers for both fiber and copper to troubleshoot cabling issues
- An understanding of change control processes
What you can expect from us:
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Next to a great salary and excellent benefits (such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks), you will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please provide us with a CV and a cover letter in English.