Who are we
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
About the Opportunity
The global finance department consolidates all financial information from the global Optiver business units. We have started using NetSuite for all our financial processes and entities, and have a comprehensive team based in our Amsterdam headquarters that controls the application globally. The next step to expand the possibilities of NetSuite is by adding the NetSuite Planning & Budgeting (NSPB) module. In the team there will be an additional position to implement, manage and enhance the NetSuite application.
You will become a part of our Global Finance team and play a vital role in helping Optiver meet our objective of creating one single point of truth for all our financial data. If you come from a well-rounded background in functional finance, have a data-driven mindset, and would be interested in owning our NetSuite NSPB module, then you might be the Financial Reporting Specialist we’re looking for.
You will work directly with the Global NetSuite & Finance team to implement and roll-out NSPB globally and handle day-to-day NetSuite duties. This will include redefining Optiver’s financial processes and data-structures while working across multiple teams. You should be open to learning every aspect of NSPB and excited at the thought of early responsibility while working in a truly dynamic business environment.
What you’ll do
- Translate financial reporting requirements in NSPB solution
- Develop skills in and knowledge of the NSPB module
- Understand NSPB in all its capabilities and in combination with NetSuite’s core accounting function
- Advise the team in the data integration possibilities to create one single point of truth
- Provide support to end users on day to day issues, troubleshoot problems, resolve issues
- Manage NSPB upgrades
- Develop and maintain new and existing reports. Create customized reports and dashboards to drive insights into business operations to support informed decision making
- Proactively support users through training and communication
- Perform day-to-day operation, maintenance, and support tasks for all NetSuite applications
What you’ll need to be successful
- Accounting or Finance degree
- 2+ Years of experience with financial reporting tools ideally with NetSuite PB, Oracle EPM/PBCS, Hyperion/Essbase
- 6+ Years working experience in finance function
- A strong understanding of finance processes, financial data and requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to interact in various business areas
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV in English.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.