Optiver is an industry leader across everything we do. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them! With research teams focusing on a broad range of topics across options and delta1 products we are able to provide an unrivalled universe of exciting opportunities for our employees. Through our core function as a market-maker we continuously improve the market by being the source of liquidity for market participants.
As a Quantitative Researcher Intern at Optiver in Amsterdam you will be given full insight into what it takes to be a researcher at our company and based on your performance could receive an offer to return at the end of your studies.
If you are in your penultimate year of university, have excellent numerical skills and a passion to prove yourself then you could be the Quantitative Researcher Intern we are looking for.
What you’ll do
Quantitative Researchers are responsible for the accuracy of our core pricing models and work closely with traders to analyse and improve all facets of our trading strategies. You will perform extensive analysis on our vast arrays of data to research and implement new models and support and improve our existing quantitative models used by a variety of trading teams. As a Quantitative Research Intern, you will be working with our Quantitative Researchers and Traders on the real-life research/trading projects which could impact the way we trade! In addition to that you'll collaborate with developers to test and drive changes to our trading system that will improve our ability to make successful trades. This is your chance to put theory into practice on our dynamic trading floor!
What you'll need
- Penultimate year student with very good grades in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or equivalent, with ability to work full-time upon graduation in 2023
- Programming experience in any language (C, C++, Python, JAVA, etc.), with a preference towards Python;
- Ability to apply basic concepts of probability, calculus and linear algebra;
- Ability to carry a project on your own in a structured way within a short timeframe;
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself;
- Self-starting, ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
What you'll get
- An 8 -9 week internship (1st July-1st September 2022) working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries
- Competitive salary
- Fully furnished apartment in the city center of Amsterdam
- Awesome social events and outings
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner provided at Optiver, bi-weekly massages & a bicycle to explore Amsterdam
- Most importantly, the possibility to receive a full-time offer upon completion of internship
Are you interested in starting your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the button below for the position of Quantitative Researcher Intern. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact Bernice Juk on [email protected]
Once you have applied for the Quantitative Researcher Intern position and been selected, you will be required to take an online assessment which will test your numerical, inductive and deductive reasoning skills.
following your assessments the next steps will be:
- Remote HR interview (30 minutes)
- Remote Technical interview (45 minutes)
- Take home assignment that will be part of your final interview day
- Remote final interview day (both technical and non-technical interviews)
Want to find out more?
Due to current restrictions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, only current residents within the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and UK will be considered for this application.