Optiver is an industry leader across everything we do. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them! From options to ETFs, cash equities, bonds and foreign currencies, Optiver’s mission is to always provide liquidity for end-investors. Pricing hundreds of thousands of interconnected products in real time is a fascinating challenge. And data is a key component at every step in the process.
If you are in your penultimate year of university, are proficient in python and have a passion for Data then you could be the Data Science Intern we are looking for.
What you’ll do
As Optiver’s Data Science intern, your standout engineering skills will help us automate, professionalise and enhance the robustness of the firm’s systems and workflows. You’ll be directly responsible for creating ETL data pipelines, analysing data sets and developing tools. As part of this internship, you'll be working within either our trading, finance, settlements or risk team. You'll work closely with developers, control departments and traders to turn complex data-processing problems into scalable solutions.
- Create and streamline data pipelines to extract, transform and load data streams from various sources into our SQL data warehouse: from terabytes of raw market data to data streams from external parties such as our clearing house
- Design and build data schemas and pre-processed datasets
- Design and implement metrics, reports, analyses and dashboards that analysts use for monitoring and making key business decisions
- Collaborate with Traders, Developers and Control Departments to push and design new initiatives that improve our operational and risk monitoring
- Build tools that automate, professionalise and enhance robustness of existing workflows
- Get to see your tools and impact in production
What you'll need
- Penultimate year student in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or equivalent, with ability to work full-time upon graduation in 2023
- Advanced knowledge of Python and SQL
- Affinity with data and data-processing systems
- A pro-active problem-solving nature
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself
- Great attention to detail
- Fluency in English (Dutch is not required)
What you'll get
- An 8 -9 week internship (1st July-1st September 2022) working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries
- Competitive salary
- Fully furnished apartment in the city center of Amsterdam
- Awesome social events and outings
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner provided at Optiver, bi-weekly massages & a bicycle to explore Amsterdam
- Most importantly, the possibility to receive a full-time offer upon completion of internship
Are you interested in starting your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the button below for the position of Data Science Intern. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact Bernice Juk on [email protected]
Once you have applied for the Data Science Intern position and been selected, you will be required to take an assessment to measure your Inductive, deductive skills.
following your assessments the next steps will be:
- Remote HR interview
- Remote Technical interview
- Take Home programming Assignment
- Remote final interview day (both technical and not technical interviews)
Want to find out more?
Due to current restrictions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, only current residents within the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and UK will be considered for this application.