Are you looking for a team where you can make a real difference and contribute directly? Do you want to be surrounded by champions who want to succeed in everything they do? Do you enjoy living life to the fullest, while working with people you can laugh and play hard with? Do you think that laws and regulations should be business enablers and stimulators? Do you feel energized when challenged to enter unchartered territories? Then you could be just the one we’re looking for!
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange.
The work is intense, but our culture of excellence is inspiring and stimulating. We work together in an atmosphere that is collaborative, where we challenge each other, inspire and support each other to reach for the sky. It’s not easy to work here, but we make it easy to love working here!
What you will do:
As a member of the Compliance team at Optiver Europe, the aim of your job is to contribute to and help to continuously improve our regulatory and trading advisory framework.
Your job will be what you make of it, but your tasks and responsibilities will at least include:
- Analysing the legal and regulatory framework applicable in an accurate but pragmatic manner to enable business to grow in a controlled environment;
- Analysing jurisprudence, regulatory guidance and other relevant market developments for potential risks as well as opportunities for our business to leverage on;
- Assess the business risks in a thorough, sensible and compliant manner with integrity;
- Drafting compliance policies and guidance for the firm as well as providing intelligent but practical solutions for the business;
- Advising on and supporting the implementation process of compliance requirements;
- Propose and implement ways to improve compliance processes;
- Responding to inquiries from regulators and exchanges, including the collecting and analysing of relevant data;
- Contribute and provide support to strategic projects as subject matter expert;
- Proactively contribute to structuring of the Compliance team’s modus operandi while searching for continuous improvement
- Acting as sparring partner with internal stakeholders to make Optiver even better.
What you need to be successful:
- Academic degree in Law with 7-10 years of relevant working experience;
- A keen interest in financial markets, trading and technology;
- In depth knowledge and proven working experience with EU regulations, required on
Wft, MiFID/MiFIR, MAD/MAR, and EMIR, preferably also on SFTR, CSDR, AML Directive/Wwft, Wft, IFD/IFR, etc.;
- Knowledge of and working experience with US and/or EU exchanges (CME, CBOE, Eurex, Euronext, etc.) and US regulations (SEC/CFTC regulations, RegSho, FINRA rules, etc.) would be a big plus;
- Strong sense of integrity and the ability to balance business interests with the need to exercise independent judgment
- An analytical, investigative and curious self-starter with good eye for detail but who does not lose sight of the stakes that matter;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (required) and Dutch (preferable);
- Team player with sense of humour and who enjoys life.
What we can offer:
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer very competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, first class catering facilities, discounts for gyms, various (team) sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and a motivation letter in English. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay at [email protected].
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.