Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
Our business and global footprint is growing and, as a result, the underlying technology and infrastructure is required to grow as well. This leads to a complex mix of operational and project work. Some is predictable, most of it is not. Some are external timeline driven, some are not. The Infrastructure Project Delivery Manager takes responsibility for guiding our business through this through project planning, capacity planning, project management and project delivery while coordinating colleagues across the whole of the technology, business and trading space as well as outside vendors.
What will you do:
- Lead individual projects within the infrastructure business unit;
- Coordinate project activities within infrastructure but also outside of infrastructure as needed. Goal is to smoothen delivery while keeping a focus on projects that have external deadlines;
- Work with different disciplines inside of infrastructure: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Data Center Engineers, User Solutions Engineers, Logistics;
- Be an ambassador and interface for infrastructure to the rest of the business (i.e. trading, market structure, HR) but also to the outside world (vendors, telcos and exchanges);
- Plan, prioritize and report on project capacity to stakeholders;
- Keep a focus on quality and delivery of the overall project portfolio.
What you will need:
- Prior infrastructure project coordination experience;
- A background in Information Technology, e.g. computer science;
- Experience in hardware or a good understanding of data centers and telecommunications/networks;
- A project management certification or a proven track record of delivering international projects;
- A background in trading or financial environments;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Excellent communicator, being able to interact with different cultures and different technical backgrounds, both inside and outside of an organization;
- The ability to handle changing environments and requirements and the ability to context switch and adapt, as necessary.
What you can expect from us
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks. We provide you with the support and tools needed to develop your skills on the job so that you are empowered to perform at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.