Optiver is an industry leader across everything we do. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them by being the best in the world! We believe that in order to stay at the top we must adapt, innovate and continuously improve. Our Delta1 trading team combines a systematic approach with sophisticated pricing models, iterating often to ensure consistent, robust trading performance with scalability.
As the next stage of our evolution, we are looking to build out a cash equities statistical arbitrage offering. We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial quantitative trader with an established track record of trading cash instruments over medium time horizons (anywhere from minutes to days) to lead the development into this space.
You will lead the build out from the ground up, so a pragmatic approach and a clear vision on how to achieve success are vital, along with a highly competitive and entrepreneurial mind set.
What you'll do
The Optiver trading floor is one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. As a Quantitative Trader you will use in-house and external data to develop and execute strategies. You will leverage and contribute to our in-house built libraries and comprehensive market datasets.
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of pricing, execution and risk management in cash equities markets
- A collaborative approach to problem solving and a passion for inspiring those around you through strong communication of ideas and feedback
- Exceptional analytical skills, particularly in terms of identifying opportunities when analysing large data sets
- Extensive mathematical and statistical modelling skills, utilising a range of techniques
- The ability to prototype and iterate quickly
- Programming experience in languages such as Python, Java and C++ is a strong plus.
What you'll get
The chance to shape the future of Optiver's cash equity trading, working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in. In addition, we offer our top performers the opportunity to become shareholders in Optiver along with a clear route to partnership.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.