Are you ready to start your career in the field of Market Risk Management within a fast-paced, dynamic and international trading company? Do you have an interest in financial markets and would like to explore it from the inside? Would you like to apply your strong technical and analytical skills to improve our low-latency risk framework?
If the thought of early responsibility and fast career progression in a truly dynamic environment excites you, then you might be the new Market Risk Manager we’re looking for.
What you’ll do
You will become part of the Market Risk team located on the trading floor and join-in for the daily monitoring activities of our trading book. Next to daily monitoring you will also perform in-depth risk assessments for current but also new trading activities to ensure that our risk framework caters for all market risks that we may face as Optiver.
You will also play an important role in developing and maintaining our market risk models in close collaboration with trading and research. To make sure we can see our risk profile real-time, you will closely work together with our technology team to ensure proper implementation in the market risk systems.
Next to your focus on the market risks of our trading book, you will be actively involved in staying in control of our capital requirements and understanding the impact of trading decisions on these requirements as well. Touching multiple aspects of the business, you will work together with other control departments on a daily basis as every day will bring new and exciting challenges.
Other key tasks of the Market Risk Manager include:
- Assisting in the enhancement of risk processes by identifying and evaluating business critical exposures;
- Overseeing the monitoring and control of the positions in the trading books on a real-time basis to make sure that business activities remain within the pre-defined risk appetite;
- Actively contributing to the continuous improvement of the risk framework;
- Effectively, credibly and critically challenging others when necessary as a second line of defense;
- Coordinating assurance and testing efforts of existing risk controls;
- Expertly assessing new business activities to ensure risks arising from new products, activities and markets are properly mitigated.
What you’ll need
- An academic degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, Finance, Physics or equivalent;
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role and sector;
- A proactive and analytical mindset with eye for detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to continuously improve;
- A strong affinity for technology and data handling where experience with SQL, Python and VBA would be considered a distinct plus;
- A keen interest in the financial markets.
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together, this means that you will be part of ambitious team. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay ([email protected]).
If you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Market Risk Manager, you will be required to take an online assessment. Additionally, visa requirements apply for non-EU applicants.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.