Are you ready for the next step in your career in the field of Risk management within a fast-paced, dynamic and international trading company? Do you have an interest in financial markets and a desire to surround yourself with the inner workings of it? Would you like to apply your strong technical and analytical ability to improving our low-latency risk framework?
If the thought of early responsibility and fast career progression in a truly dynamic environment excites you, then you might be the new Market Risk Manager we’re looking for.
What you’ll do
As a Market Risk Manager based on the trading floor you will be responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure and monitor principal risks across the firm. Working collaboratively with stakeholders from trading and technology you will take ownership of strengthening and developing the risk framework and its individual components, as well as driving the delivery of new initiatives balancing the right risk and reward.
As a Market Risk Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate protections are in place to prevent the firm from incurring material losses. Furthermore, you will be actively employing and strengthening the components of the internal risk management framework.
Other key tasks of the Market Risk Manager include:
- Assisting in the enhancement of risk processes by identifying and evaluating business critical exposures;
- Overseeing the monitoring and control of the positions in the trading books on a real-time basis to make sure that business activities remain within the pre-defined risk appetite;
- Actively contributing to the continuous improvement of the risk framework;
- Effectively, credibly and critically challenging others when necessary as a second line of defense;
- Coordinating assurance and testing efforts of existing risk controls;
- Expertly assessing new business activities to ensure risks arising from new products, activities and markets are properly mitigated.
What you’ll need
- An academic degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, Finance, Physics or equivalent;
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role and sector;
- A proactive, analytical and inquisitive mindset with a willingness to speak up;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to continuously improve;
- Being proficient in Python and VBA is a distinct plus but not a fixed requirement;
- A keen interest in the financial markets.
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together, this means that you will be part of ambitious and fun recruitment team who work together on getting the best people in. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay ([email protected]).
If you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Market Risk Manager, you will be required to take an online assessment. Additionally, visa requirements apply for non-EU applicants.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.