Are you eager to become the link between Optiver and our Clearers? As our new Clearing Analyst with preferably 2-5 years working experience, you can make and see a significant impact on day one within a dynamic fast moving environment. You will be the link between our Trading department and Clearing parties, which requires an excellent understanding of Trading’s needs and Clearer’s capabilities. You will collect, structure and analyze data to improve Optiver’s interaction with Clearers, as well as assessing the clearing landscape and making recommendations to the business. For this role we are looking for some previous working experience, preferably in the Finance/Banking sector, but having the right mindset and cultural fit are equally important.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you will do:
As a Clearing Analyst you are a subject matter expert and you will be a valuable addition to our small, but highly professional Corporate Strategy team, reporting directly to our Head of Corporate Strategy. In your analysis you will be working with (large) data sets, so programming experience is required. You will be involved in a broad range of tasks, all related to the post-trade cycle, including periodic fee analysis, credit usage updates and CCP funding cost updates. Thereby you will be required to effectively coordinate and communicate on all post-trade related matters between various Optiver departments and external parties. Based on your interactions and data analysis, you will advise on changes, and implement those ideas.
In short, your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Collect, structure, and analyze data to improve Optiver’s interaction with its clearers and to support internal decision making;
- Project Management
- Proactively assess the clearing landscape and make recommendations based on the analysis, including monitoring regulatory developments;
- Building new and maintaining strong relationships with our Clearers;
- Attending and reporting on various international industry events throughout the year;
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings with senior members from our Clearing parties with our local team.
What you need to be successful:
- Data-driven, ability to program in VBA/Python/SQL;
- An academic degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent;
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience, ideally in the Finance/Banking industry;
- Affiliation with the financial markets, ideally with knowledge of clearing and settlement, as well as derivatives (options, futures) ;
- Working proficiency in English;
- Strong communication, negotiation and networking skills;
- Proactive mindset with attention to detail;
- Your personality profile includes being a self-starter, result driven, pragmatic, analytical and curious.
What we can offer:
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay via [email protected]
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.