Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications.
The User Solutions Team has a dual function; to ensure our employees can have maximum productivity at all times and to build tooling to improve the user experience across trading, technology and business operations.
We are looking for Support Engineers who will act as the primary point of contact to our users on their requests and incidents related to IT and Trading Technology but are also interested in identifying or developing your own tools to ensure these problems are not repeated.
What you'll do
- Provide exceptional user support for incoming requests, incidents, and issues across the business from technology to trading to back office;
- Take accountability of all requests and incidents and communicate about the progress of such requests;
- Perform daily assessments to ensure the environment is running in an optimal state and identify initiatives that result in a more reliable environment and a better experience for our users through adoption of technology or proprietary tool development;
- Act as a bridge, communicate and align with other technical teams and vendors in order to provide the proper solution;
- Responsible for updating, improving and maintaining the automated process for onboarding, visitors, transfers, and others, all of them based on PowerShell scripts;
- Licence Management; AD User, Groups and GPOs Management; File Services management via DSC PowerShell.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong experience with end user support on all sort of endpoints such as desktops, laptops, non-trading applications, mobile devices and printers, as well as with services and solutions like accounts, groups, policies, file services, different types of software and business applications;
- Developing or scripting experience (PowerShell, Python or similar) with an ability and willingness to build proprietary tools;
- A problem-solving and continuous improvement mentality and an interest in Infrastructure-as-Code;
- Experience with Windows maintenance and troubleshooting plus an understanding of networking connectivity, hardware and OS;
- Ideally previous experience with Microsoft SCCM or Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Intune, Office 365, Exchange operations, Active Directory and VMWare Horizon;
- Experience with e-mail Phishing analysis and SCOM alerts management;
- High attention to detail coupled with strong communication skills;
- The ability to multitask and handle priorities in collaboration with other teams.
What you can expect from us
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks. We provide you with the support and tools needed to develop your skills on the job so that you are empowered to perform at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please provide us with a CV and a cover letter in English.