Are you ready for the next step in your career? Do you want to turn your audit experience into value-adding advice? Would you like to join a market-leading trading and technology firm? Then you just might be our next Internal Audit Manager!
Who we are
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Sydney, Shanghai, Taipei and London we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you’ll do
As Audit Manager you will work in a team with four other experienced auditors of which one IT Audit Manager. You will work on assessments that are relevant for the local Optiver entities, our Supervisory Board and Management Board. Group Audit assessments can cover the entire spectrum of our organization: from risk to tax, from trading to finance and from compliance to remuneration. Their common purpose: we aim to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight.
Group Audit is based in Amsterdam, but it performs the global internal audit function. Therefore, Group Audit is responsible for various assessments and sometimes special projects in our Amsterdam office and our foreign offices in Chicago, Sydney, Shanghai, Taipei and London. With the team (or part of the team), you will visit most offices once or twice per year for one or two weeks at a time.
So, in short, you will:
- Perform various engagements as part of a team on a broad spectrum of relevant topics;
- Be based in Amsterdam, but regularly visit our foreign offices (~10-12 weeks per year).
You’ll be working in a dynamic and complex organization which will challenge you to constantly improve.
What you’ll need
- Broad professional experience, including (internal) auditing, at big four and/or large multinational organizations;
- 6+ years of relevant work experience;
- Preferably holding one or more certifications in the field of financial/internal auditing, or alternatively financial market risk management;
- In depth knowledge of processes and controls;
- Excellent reporting and verbal communication skills in English;
- Willingness to travel about twelve weeks per year.
What you’ll bring
- An intelligent and pragmatic mind;
- Able to identify key risks and asking the right questions;
- A project-driven and entrepreneurial attitude;
- Work both independently and as a team-player;
- An innovative mindset with a drive to improve processes;
- An interest in trading and market-making (prior work-related experience is not required)
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive variable pay, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay on [email protected]
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.