If you are a mid to senior level corporate communications professional with strong PR credentials and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with complex challenges, then this is the opportunity for you.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange.
What you will do
As our new Communications Specialist you will apply your expert ability to help us engage a wide range of internal and external audiences. You will be both strategic in your approach and hands-on in the execution there of. You will work closely with the Head of Communications to ensure alignment across our various regions.
- Maintaining and strengthening the Optiver brand using strategic internal and external communications.
- In partnership with our Head of Communications you will be responsible for managing public relations aimed at proactively managing Optiver’s corporate reputation across various regions. Your role will be to develop a PR strategy to strongly position the firm among its stakeholders. This will include working with internal subject matter experts to research and draft content including media releases, opinion pieces, blog articles and white papers on technical industry related topics. A background in financial journalism will be highly beneficial.
- Work with communications colleagues in various regions to develop and execute a marketing and PR strategy for Optiver’s Institutional Trading division.
- Full responsibility for internal communications for Optiver Europe including producing written content, maintaining internal platforms and managing all production elements and processes associated with internal communications.
- Ad hoc support to Head of Brand in developing written content to aid recruitment marketing efforts.
What you’ll need
- Academic degree in journalism or communications;
- Proven writing skills at an advanced level – journalism experience will be beneficial;
- 8-10 years’ experience in content development;
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate PR / media relations (experience in the financial industry will be beneficial);
- Native English speaker essential.
Who you are
- A strategic thinker that is able to challenge the status quo;
- Results-driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- A highly organized and structured individual who is able to multi-task with ease;
- A confident team player who enjoys working in a flat structure;
- You are autonomous, proactive and have an eye for detail;
- You are passionate: building brands (internally and externally) is your ambition;
- You are pragmatic, hands-on and able to multi-task.
What you will get
The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries. We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and rewarding environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive performance related bonus structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, 25 paid vacation days, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. And of course, we place your health as our top priority. We make sure you are equipped to work from your home until such time as we can all safely return to the office.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay at [email protected]
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.