Are you ready for the next step in your career in the field of Risk management within a fast-paced, dynamic and international trading company? Do you have an interest in financial markets and a desire to surround yourself with the inner workings of it? And would you like to apply your strong technical and analytical ability to improving our risk framework? Then you might be the new Credit Risk Manager we’re looking for.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you will do
Optiver Europe is currently looking for a Credit Risk Manager to be part of the Risk Management team, where you will play an important role in the growth of our business. The Credit Risk Management (“CRM”) team is not only responsible for onboarding and review of our fast-growing number of trading counterparties, but is also closely involved with the expansion of our business.
Key tasks of the Credit Risk Manager include:
- Develop risk frameworks and set limit in close alignment with Trading and other departments;
- Review credit risk angles of new business initiatives, including new asset classes;
- Monitoring credit risk exposures, management reporting and regulatory reporting. Further improve monitoring from a technical point of view;
- Review of trading counterparties, both new and existing. Optiver is still expanding our large number of direct trading counterparties;
- Exchange-Traded Product reviews: issuer and prospectus analysis.
What you will need to be successful:
- An academic degree preferably in Economics, Finance, STEM subject or equivalent;
- 0 -3 years of working experience in similar role and sector;
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Trading or other areas of the financial industry is preferred;
- A keen interest in financial markets;
- Being proficient in Python, SQL and/or VBA is a distinct plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
What you will bring:
- A proactive, analytical and inquisitive mindset;
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to improve;
- An eye for detail;
- The ability to stand your ground when under pressure;
- A professional attitude and strong communication skills.
What you will get:
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive performance related bonus structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
Are you Interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay at [email protected]
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.