Are you looking for a team where you can make a real difference and contribute directly? Do you want to be surrounded by champions who want to succeed in everything they do? Do you enjoy living life to the fullest, while working with people you can laugh and play hard with? Can you think structurally and see patterns while still maintain a creative mind to think outside of the box? Do you think that laws and regulations should be business enablers and stimulators rather than blockers? Then you could be just the one we’re looking for!
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you will do:
As a member of the Compliance team at Optiver Europe, the aim of your job is to contribute to and help to continuously improve our monitoring and surveillance framework.
In short, your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Analysing large sets of market and trade data to detect and evaluate unwanted trading patterns, and assess potential risks
- Combining technology with a good understanding of the regulatory framework to ensure our control framework is up to standard and can continuously improve
- Designing controls to prevent and detect unwanted behaviour;
- Drafting compliance policies and guidance for the firm as well as providing intelligent but practical solutions for the business;
- Responding to enquiries from regulators and exchanges from beginning till the end;
- Acting as sparring partner with internal stakeholders to make Optiver even better.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Law or other relevant academic studies;
- 1-5 years of relevant working experience;
- A keen interest in financial markets, trading and technology;
- Strong sense of integrity and the ability to balance business interests with the need to exercise independent judgment
- A strong affinity for technology and data handling where experience with SQL, Python and/or BVA would be considered a plus;
- An analytical and investigative mind with a good eye for detail;
- A pro-active, assertive and results-driven attitude;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (required) and Dutch (preferable);
- Team player mindset with a sense of humour.
What we can offer:
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. As we need our people to be on top of their game, we also invest a lot in them through training like inhouse trading courses as part of a broad variety of training options, also for personal development. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Patrycja Ostrowska on [email protected]
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.