Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
Optiver are currently building a dedicated SecOps team to take ownership of our cybersecurity controls across our business to provide better focus on these responsibilities and enable the continuous improvement necessary to stay ahead of emerging threats.
We are seeking experienced Security Operations Engineers to join our Infrastructure team here in Amsterdam to help bootstrap the team. A successful candidate will collaborate with infrastructure engineers, developers, and risk managers to ensure that our cyber security defense remains equal to its task.
What will you do:
- Build and maintain security controls and monitoring systems.
- Manage rulesets for proxies, firewalls and other similar security controls.
- Threat hunting, vulnerability scanning, and other operational activities in support of Optiver's cybersecurity objectives.
- Oversee the security incident response process and ensuring that Optiver Europe's response to security incidents is both timely and effective.
- Monitor threat landscape and work with infrastructure engineers and developers to adapt our systems and maintain protections against emerging potential threats.
- Manage reporting on the efficacy of our security controls.
- Provide cybersecurity expertise for relevant projects throughout the organization.
What you will need:
- Significant experience working within a SecOps function in a complex, heterogeneous infrastructure.
- Experience with deploying Detection and Response systems for networks and endpoints and conversant in the challenges that come with security monitoring in a complex environment.
- Fluency with at least one platform-neutral scripting language such as Python. Experience with platform specific languages a strong plus.
- Experience managing infrastructure configuration using infrastructure-as-code principles.
- Experience working collaboratively in a shared codebase using git.
- Strong technical understanding of a variety of endpoint operating systems.
- Strong technical understanding of TCP/IP with the ability to perform protocol-level network analysis.
- The role will be highly collaborative, working with individuals in the firm with a variety of technical experience. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience securing workloads which span on-premise and cloud-based system and conversant in the challenges created by such workloads.
What you can expect from us
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks. We provide you with the support and tools needed to develop your skills on the job so that you are empowered to perform at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.