Operational Risk Manager
Are you ready for the next step in your career in the field of Risk management within a fast-paced, dynamic and international trading company? Do you have an interest in financial markets and a desire to surround yourself with the inner workings of it?
Would you like to apply your strong technical and analytical ability to further improve our advanced risk framework? If the thought of early responsibility and fast career progression in a truly meritocratic environment excites you, then you might be the new Operational Risk Manager we’re looking for.
What you’ll do
Optiver Europe is currently looking for an Operational Risk Manager to be part of the Risk Management team, focusing on the Control Framework. The Operational Risk Management (“ORM”) team is responsible for optimizing and maintaining the integrated Control Framework which comprises of identification and assessment of risks, evaluation of controls and incident management.
Other key tasks of the Operational Risk Manager include:
- Facilitating Risk and Control Assessments, with various Subject Matter Experts (“SME”) within the organization;
- Supporting SMEs with identification and measurement of appropriate KRIs;
- Collecting incidents and monitoring follow-ups;
- Increasing & improving the Operational Risk and Control awareness within the organization;
- Documenting and safeguarding the quality of the Control Framework
What you’ll need
- An academic degree in Economics, Finance, STEM subject or equivalent;
- 0-5 years of experience in a similar role and sector;
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Trading or Compliance is preferred;
- A keen interest in financial markets;
- Project management skills, hands on mentality and stakeholder management qualities;
- Solid interpersonal skills, a proactive mindset and an eagerness to continuously improve;
- Being proficient in Python and VBA is a distinct plus but not a fixed requirement;
- Strong communication skills both written and orally in English.
What you’ll get
- The chance to further your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- A very competitive base salary combined with a performance-related bonus.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Operational Risk Manager. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recruitment team on +31 (0) 20 708 70 00 or [email protected]
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Operational Risk Manager, you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.