Ready for the next step in your career in the field of Risk management within a fast-paced, dynamic, and international trading company? We’re the place to be if you are interested in understanding the inner workings and the technology of financial markets, and in directly contributing to the growth of an advanced Risk framework.
We’ve been trading the world’s most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees around the globe.
Our cutting-edge trading systems make billions of decisions every single day.
Our mission: Improve the Markets.
Our most valuable asset: our talented people, their brilliant minds, energy, hard work, creative thinking, collaborative yet competitive spirit and entrepreneurship.
If the thought of direct impact, early responsibility, entrepreneurship, and fast career progression in a truly meritocratic environment excites you, then you will enjoy being part of our team!
What you’ll do
For our Amsterdam office, we are currently looking to expand our Operational Risk Management (“ORM”) team. The main objective of the team is to ensure that the business operates within the risk appetite established by the Management Board, and identify and advise management where this is not the case. To achieve this objective, ORM designed and implemented a sound, unified framework for the risk management and internal control system.
You will play a fundamental role in continuously growing, improving, and embedding this Control Framework in the organization. You will be a facilitator in the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of operational risks, and will support the Local Management Board in making risk-based decisions.
The outreach of your role will be the entire organization, as you will be interacting directly with people across all departments. Our flat structure makes it easy to work in this setup and enables you to quickly build a network and immerse yourself in our culture.
The content you will manage is also covering all areas of the business, so it’s almost guaranteed that no day will be like the other.
You will be empowered to contribute directly, deliver your best work, and shape your role as you develop further, because we don’t want to hire you just to tell you what to do, but so you can also tell us what should be done.
In a nutshell, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating the Risk and Control Assessment processes, interacting with various stakeholders across the entire organization. Supporting all departments with the identification and measurement of appropriate KRIs;
- Facilitating the Incident Management process, understanding incident data, designing and collecting statistics, analyzing trends, and sharing relevant information with the Local Management Board, other offices, and Global Risk;
- Documenting and safeguarding the quality of the Control Framework;
- Increasing and improving the Operational Risk and Control awareness within the organization.
What you’ll need
- A keen interest in financial markets, trading and technology is a must;
- An analytical and investigative mind with a good eye for detail;
- A pro-active, assertive and results-driven attitude;
- An academic degree in Economics, Finance, STEM subject or equivalent;
- 0-5 years of experience in a similar role and sector;
- Project management skills, hands on mentality and stakeholder management qualities;
- Solid interpersonal skills, a proactive mindset and an eagerness to continuously improve;
- A strong affinity for technology and data handling where experience with SQL, Python and/or VBA would be considered a distinct plus;
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Trading or Compliance is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills both written and orally in English.
Not sure you tick all the boxes, but have a sky-high motivation? Just reach out to us, we’re curious to hear your pitch!
What you’ll get
You get the chance to further your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries, in a stimulating and fun work environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance.
We offer a very competitive base salary, combined with a performance-related bonus.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages.
As we need our people to be on top of their game, we also invest a lot in them through training like inhouse trading courses as part of a broad variety of training options, also for personal development.
Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Operational Risk Manager. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the our Recruiter Claire van Raay via [email protected].
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Operational Risk Manager, you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.