Are you intrigued by the financial markets and ready for the next step in your career? Do you excel at figuring out how things work and making them better? Are you energized by driving thoughtful and impactful initiatives? Then you just might be the Strategic Project Analyst we’re looking for.
Who we are
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution, and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai, and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty, and our colleagues. People have strong opinions, but they’re also open to listen and to change their mind when the facts presented by others have more value.
What you’ll do
The Strategic Projects team is based in Amsterdam and is looking to add an Analyst to the team. Recently created, the team focuses on reshaping operating models across the business to support the firm’s continued growth and further accelerate its path to operational excellence. The Strategic Project Analyst will work with teams throughout the business to design and implement scalable business processes and technology solutions. The Analyst will work on a broad range of topics across the organization, for example:
- Develop short- and long-term strategies for functional teams and technology platforms;
- Optimize tools, systems, and business processes and support the development of businesses;
- Analyze, document, and recognize current processes and patterns;
- Establish priorities across diverse stakeholders and timelines.
What you’ll need
- Between 3 to 5 years of top-tier strategy consulting and/or industry strategy experience;
- Master’s degree with a strong academic record;
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Robust process analysis and project management skills with an understanding of financial markets;
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to convert complexity into digestible insights;
- Team mentality, putting the team and company goals above individual acknowledgement;
- Fluency in English and advanced skills in MS Office (incl. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Claire van Raay at [email protected].
Kindly note that we don’t require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.