Optiver is an industry leader across everything we do. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them! With trading teams focusing on a broad range of options and delta1 products we are able to provide an unrivalled universe of exciting opportunities for our employees. Through our core function as a market-maker we continuously improve the market by being the source of liquidity for market participants
As a Trader Intern at Optiver in Amsterdam you will be given full insight into what it takes to be a trader at our company and based on your performance could receive an offer to return at the end of your studies.
If you are in your penultimate year of university, have excellent numerical skills and a passion to prove yourself then you could be the Trader Intern we are looking for.
What you'll need
- Penultimate year student in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or equivalent, with ability to work full-time upon graduation in 2022
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A pro-active problem solving nature
- Fast decision making skills under pressure
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself
- Great attention to detail
- Computer programming skills are not required but definitely a plus
- Fluency in English (Dutch is not required)
What you'll get
- An 8 -9 week internship working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries
- Competitive salary
- Fully furnished apartment in the city centre of Amsterdam
- Awesome social events and outings
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner provided at Optiver, bi-weekly massages & a bicycle to explore Amsterdam
- Most importantly, the possibility to receive a full-time offer upon completion of internship
Are you interested in starting your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the button below for the position of Trader Intern. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact Rachael Thompson on [email protected]
N.B. Once you have applied for the Trader Intern position and been selected, you will be required to take 3 tests to measure your numerical and analytical skills.
Want to find out more?