Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
We are seeking a senior level Data Operations Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. Data is the lifeblood of Optiver's trading business, and the Data Engineering team ensures that traders, quant researchers, risk and compliance analysts have timely, accurate and complete data sets to drive their activities. A successful candidate will become both steward and champion for the firm's trading data archives and the systems which capture, transform and load trading data into those archives.
What will you do
- Develop data storage strategies which will stay ahead of the scale of our archives and will continue to meet the evolving requirements of our user base, and work with other engineers within infrastructure to implement those strategies.
- Understand the impact that moving large amounts of data can have on production networks, and develop strategies to ensure that data arrives in a timely manner without impacting real-time data flows.
- Continue to evolve Optiver's data capture and time synchronization infrastructure to ensure completeness and accuracy of our archived trading data.
- Provide support for the firm's NoSQL data stores which feed the firm's operational and quantitative research activities.
- Implement, maintain, monitor and improve the Data Engineering team's ETL pipelines.
What you will need
- Significant experience programming with Python.
- Significant experience engineering business-critical real-time ETL pipelines.
- Experience working with petabyte-scale data lakes.
- Experience with network capture and time synchronization infrastructure.
- Experience with distributed, high performance SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Experience with large, high performance file systems and other storage technologies.
- Hands-on Linux system administration skills
- Exposure to basic network engineering concepts. Protocol level network analysis experience is a plus.
- Experience working collaboratively in a shared codebase.
- Strong face to face and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the trading industry is a plus.
What you can expect from us
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer excellent remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.