Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
The Network Engineering team is responsible for the build and growth, daily operations, troubleshooting and monitoring of our globally distributed network. Optiver’s bespoke infrastructure and needs provides a very diverse network engineering experience; from low-latency, data center and WAN technologies to enterprise and security. A unique environment comes with unique challenges but in all that we do, we strive for simplicity and operational excellence.
Our engineering culture is highly collaborative. Network Engineers are working closely with both developers and traders with the goal of solving problems that really matter to the business. This helps us keep our network designs fit for purpose. In our enterprise network we optimize for reliability and scalability. In our trading network we optimize for a variety of performance characteristics.
What you'll do:
- Deploy, monitor, troubleshoot and manage our network infrastructure
- Identify, recommend and implement network system optimizations
- Assist with planned maintenances (migrations, expansions, hardware and software upgrades)
- Provide technical expertise and support to a high frequency trading floor in a competitive market-making environment
- Ensure all aspects of our WAN network link together across our global data center presence
- Build new connectivity between our data centers
- Contribute to capacity planning and traffic flow optimization
- Help push us towards intelligent automation
- Tackle technical debt while removing complexity
- Play a role in rebuild our LAN network and redesign our Data Center network
What you'll need:
- Strong network and performance monitoring skills and knowledge of network capacity planning
- Experience working across LAN and global WAN networks
- Cisco and Arista network equipment experience ideal, although we will consider other vendors
- Ideally experience with low-latency networking
- Experience troubleshooting network transport protocols – TCP/UDP
- Deep understanding and experience with routing protocols (such as OSPF, BGP) and network protocols (such as Multicast, Spanning Tree, HSRP)
- Experience with security products and firewalls
- Automatic deployment experience, ideally in Ansible
- Networking monitoring and alerting systems experience
- A belief that good documentation helps successful project delivery
- A drive for improvement and motivation to push through friction
- Knowledge of trading exchanges and financial instruments is not required – our on-boarding program will kick-start your career at Optiver and support you in building the knowledge about our business
What you can expect from us:
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Next to a great salary and excellent benefits (such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks), you will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please provide us with a CV and a cover letter in English.