Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
We strive for excellence in all things we do. We are looking for a Data Center Engineer that shares this mindset. A well-planned and well-orchestrated cabling and racking infrastructure is just as important to us as well-engineered trading software.
We are looking for an Engineer who has a drive for improvement and a want to bring new ideas to the table. This is a chance to take ownership of the physical part of our trading infrastructure across multiple data centers and thousands of servers, all the while striving for simplicity and operational excellence.
What you’ll do:
You will be in charge of maintaining our co-locations and on-site data center, including but not limited to the following:
- Installing and cabling switches, servers, and appliances in our onsite data center
- Replacing hard drives/memory/transceivers and other hardware related tasks as required by our server and network teams
- Getting equipment to and from remote colocations including packing/shipping
- Facilitating installation of servers and network equipment with smart hands in remote co-locations
- Managing power and space including monitoring and capacity planning
- Maintaining a consistent and clean cable management philosophy
- Managing equipment inventory
- Assisting with planning moves or new build-outs
- Build out and maintaining our office infrastructure environment, including our trading floor
- Maintaining data center documentation
What you’ll need:
- Experience working in a modern, large-scale data center
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Ability to identify basic parts of network equipment – SFPs, line cards, chassis
- Ability to identify basic parts of servers – memory, network card, hard drives
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems using cat 5, cat 6, multi-mode and single-mode fiber
- Familiarity with both power and communications cabling standards
- Experience configuring and using cable testers for both fiber and copper to troubleshoot cabling issues
- An understanding of change control processes
- Strong documentation and logistics mentality
What you can expect from us:
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Next to a great salary and excellent benefits (such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks), you will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please provide us with a CV and a cover letter in English.