Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
Our Linux Team ensures our trading servers work so we can trade. They establish that our production environment works optimally by deploying, maintaining, monitoring and operating a fleet of UNIX servers to its highest possible performance.
You will join a highly-customized environment where proprietary tools and technology run. You will be expected to help build the pioneering tools to keep our systems best-in-class. You will help enable our technology evolution while maintaining control and keeping us trading.
What you'll do
- Tackle the life cycle of a server and build and deploy new solutions
- Upgrade, maintain and execute changes to the UNIX servers
- Performance monitoring and managing the system capacity
- Fix and analyse technical incidents, solve technical ad hoc problems
- Lead our charge to intelligent automation
- Be the connection between hardware and software
- Research new technologies and solutions, implement them or build better
What you’ll need to be successful
- A Linux Admin meets SRE/Programming mindset to help build the right tools for our continual improvement
- Experience within a high-performance computer environment where the result matters
- Some focus on automating and solid scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell and/or Python)
- Infrastructure-as-Code with an Ansible flavor
- Understand how and where to kill snowflakes
- Knowledge of virtualization and networking, plus an emphasis in bare metal.
- Experience with cloud providers as AWS or Azure a bonus
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- High attention to detail coupled with strong communication skills
- The ability to multitask and handle priorities in collaboration with other teams
What you can expect from us
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks. We provide you with the support and tools needed to develop your skills on the job so that you are empowered to perform at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.