Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
Our Enterprise Infrastructure team is responsible for Storage, our Fibre Channel Network, our VMware environment, back-up systems and all Windows Servers. They are adept at taking industry solutions and customizing them to create a best-in-class infrastructure. You will help enable our technology evolution while ensuring the availability and performance of our systems. They are looking for a talented Windows Operations SRE to join them and work across a host of challenges.
What you'll do:
- Help us design a new storage back-end
- Keeping our Windows environment performing
- Design and configure monitoring systems for storage, VMware and Windows systems
- Overhaul our VMware environment
- Play a role in developing our backup solutions for the company
- Actively play a role in hardening our security infrastructure
- Using your PowerShell experience improve the automation of our systems
- Describe the environment in an infrastructure-as-code system
- Fixing incidents, solving technical ad hoc problems, performance monitoring and managing the system capacity
- Use test frameworks such as Pester and Pytest to test the code you’ve written
What you need:
- Good knowledge of Windows servers and systems like Active Directory, DNS, SCOM, SQL Server;
- Experience with Storage systems such as Dell SC Series (Compellent), EMC, NetApp, GlusterFS and / or Ceph;
- A focus on automating and solid scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell and/or Python);
- Configuration management tooling (e.g. PowerShell DSC);
- Knowledge of virtualization and networking, specifically VMware;
- Experience with backup solutions (like Commvault);
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS is preferred;
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills.
What you can expect from us:
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Next to a great salary and excellent benefits (such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks), you will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please provide us with a CV and a cover letter in English.