Are you eager to become the link between Optiver and our strategic corporate investment partners? As our new Corporate Strategy Analyst with 2+ years working experience in investment banking, management consulting or venture capital, you can make and see a significant impact on day one within a dynamic fast moving environment. You would work closely with our trading department to source and advise our business on strategic corporate investments. Initially, this is a junior role, but your level of seniority and responsibility can increase quickly with the potential to become an investment principal.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you will do:
As our new Corporate Strategy Analyst you will be a valuable addition to our small, but highly professional team, reporting directly to our Head of Corporate Strategy. You will not only act as an analyst and advisor to the business relating to strategic investments, but you will also build new and maintain existing third party relationships throughout the venture capital space. This includes identifying and attending industry events. You are keen to learn and build Optiver’s name within the strategic corporate investment space.
In short, your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Analyse and advise the business with regards to new strategic corporate investments;
- Build new relationships throughout the European venture capital space, both founding teams and investment funds;
- Networking at various industry events throughout the year;
- Meeting and assessing founders and facilitating introductions with our local investment team;
- Monitoring and reporting on the themes relevant to our strategic corporate investments;
- Preparing and producing independent proprietary research and valuation analysis to support decision making;
- Delivering high-impact presentations to a wide number of parties.
What you need to be successful:
- An academic degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a commercial role, ideally in investment banking, management consulting or venture capital;
- Knowledge of and an interest in the financial markets, as well as basic knowledge of derivatives (options, futures);
- Working proficiency in English;
- Strong and proactive communication and networking skills;
- A team-player who can work in a structured way and prioritize well;
- A multitasker who keeps an overview easily;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Willingness to travel throughout Europe;
- Basic working knowledge of Excel based data analysis;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset.
What we can offer:
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Corporate Strategy Analyst, you will be required to take an online assessment. Additionally, visa requirements apply for non-EU applicants.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.