Are you eager to become the link between Optiver and the US exchanges? As our new Corporate Strategy Analyst with preferably 2+ years working experience, you can make and see a significant impact on day one within a dynamic fast moving environment. You would work closely with our trading department and advise our business on the different products, regulations and overall future plans of the US markets that we trade from the Amsterdam office. Initially, this is a junior role, but your level of seniority and responsibility can increase quickly.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you will do:
As our new Corporate Strategy Analyst you will be a valuable addition to our small, but highly professional team, reporting directly to our Head of Corporate Strategy. You will not only act as an analyst and advisor to the business relating to market products and functionality, but you will also build new and maintain existing third party relationships throughout the different US financial markets we trade in both internally and externally. This includes identifying and attending industry events. You are keen to learn and initiate new projects and improvements such as entering new markets, but also research and analysis of current projects.
In short, your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Analyse and advice to the business with regards to new products and market functionality;
- Building new and maintaining strong relationships throughout the different financial markets we trade in with a particular focus on the US markets;
- Attending and reporting of various industry events throughout the year – note that these will take place in North America;
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings with senior members from the exchange committees with our local team;
- Expanding knowledge and awareness by monitoring and reporting on the different US markets we operate in;
- Preparing and producing independent proprietary research and valuation analysis to support decision making;
- Delivering high-impact presentations to a wide number of parties.
What you need to be successful:
- An academic degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a commercial role, ideally in the Finance industry;
- Knowledge of and an interest in the financial markets, as well knowledge of derivatives (options, futures);
- Working proficiency in English;
- Strong and proactive communication and networking skills;
- A team-player who can work in a structured way and prioritize well;
- A multitasker who keeps an overview easily;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Willingness to travel overseas for 1-2 weeks, twice a year and work regularly in the early evening;
- Basic working knowledge of Excel based data analysis;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset.
What we can offer:
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.