Are you intrigued by people and processes? Are you service minded, hardworking and motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment? Then you just might be our new colleague in the Human Resource team!
Who are we
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you’ll do
Together with the rest of the HR Operations & Systems team you will be responsible for the flow of people within the organisation. You will act as first point of contact for all operational HR related enquiries from our Optiver employees. Furthermore, you’ll prepare our Dutch and foreign payrolls. You’ll play a role in further automation of our processes and leveraging our tools. Integrity is very important in this position. As HR Officer you will be expected to be accurate and to take ownership of your responsibilities. Furthermore, you need to have a service-minded attitude at all times and have a sharp eye for detail.
So in short you will be responsible for:
- Managing all operational HR related activities (related to new joiners, leavers, transfers etc.), including data entry in HR system;
- Handling requests from management and employees about immigration matters, pensions, absence and 30% ruling;
- Playing a key role in helping new employees getting adjusted to their role;
- Working directly with internal stakeholders such as HR Business Partners, Finance and Legal, but also with external parties like attorneys, tax agencies and expat agencies;
- Ensuring data privacy and HR compliance;
- Leveraging tools, such as Greenhouse and AFAS;
- Partnering with the business, the HR team and internal stakeholders to translate needs and regulations into automated HR processes and tools.
What you will need
- An academic Bachelor’s or Master’s degree;
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar role;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Extensive knowledge of Dutch HR landscape (Dutch labor law, pension rulings, tax rules, immigration, etc.);
- Experience with HRIS systems (AFAS) and payroll knowledge;
- Experience with project- and change management is a pre;
- Advanced Excel and/or programming skills;
- Ability to work in a complex, international and regulated environment; and
- Affinity with law and regulations, e.g. translating legal requirements into HR processes.
What you will bring
- An honest and reliable attitude and ability to handle sensitive information confidentially;
- A collaborative spirit and the ability to work well in a team;
- Strong analytical qualities;
- A Structured way of working and a detail oriented mindset;
- Accuracy, flexibility and stress-resistancy;
- A problem-solving and open mindset.
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Sanneke Franken ([email protected]).
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.