Optiver is an industry leader across everything we do. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them! With trading teams focusing on a broad range of options and delta1 products we are able to provide an unrivalled universe of exciting opportunities for our employees. Through our core function as a market-maker we continuously improve the market by being the source of liquidity for market participants.
As an Algorithmic Trader at Optiver you will work in an entrepreneurial manner to fully manage your own trading book. You will work closely with our researchers and developers to design, develop and improve our trading algorithms.
If you have a technical academic degree, excellent programming skills and a passion to prove yourself you could be the Algorithmic Trader we are looking for.
What you'll do
The Optiver trading floor is one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. As an Algorithmic Trader you will use algorithms to continuously price and trade financial products in low latency, high volume markets, managing the risk of the complex portfolio of financial instruments you trade in the process. You will run analysis on your automated trading strategies and design and implement modifications to these.
We value Algorithmic Traders who take the initiative to work closely together with the technology and research functions to improve everything we do. In summary, as an Algorithmic Trader you will:
- Entrepreneurially manage your own trading book
- Use algorithms to make markets in financial instruments
- Manage the risks of a complex portfolio of financial instruments
- Design, develop and improve our trading algorithms
- Seek improvement in everything you do
- Work closely with colleagues across multiple departments
Upon starting as an Algorithmic Trader you will be immersed in an intensive two-month training program alongside other new recruits and employees from other departments within the organisation. The first month will be classroom based, bringing you up to speed with the theoretical basics of pricing and the workings of the wider organisation. The second month you will compete against your peers in live simulation trading. Upon graduation from the training program you will join one of our trading teams. We believe hands-on experience is the best way to learn and that is exactly what we provide.
What you'll need
- An academic degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Econometrics, Finance, Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Python or C++
- Good understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Great attention to detail
- A pro-active problem solving nature
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself
What you'll get
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
Are you interested in starting your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Algorithmic Trader. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. Once you have applied for the Algorithmic Trader position and been selected, you will be required to take 3 tests to measure your numerical and analytical skills.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.