Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
Our Production Engineering team ensures our trading servers work so we can trade. They establish that our global production environment works optimally by deploying, maintaining, monitoring and operating a fleet of UNIX servers to its highest possible performance and reliability.
You will join a highly-customized environment where proprietary tools and technology run. You will be expected to help build the pioneering tools to keep our systems best-in-class. You will help enable our technology evolution while maintaining control and keeping us trading.
What you'll do
- Tackle the life cycle of a server and build and deploy new solutions
- Upgrade, maintain and execute changes to the UNIX servers
- Performance monitoring and managing the system capacity
- Fix and analyse technical incidents, solve technical ad hoc problems
- Lead our charge to intelligent automation
- Be the connection between hardware and software
- Help solve problems such as TCP congestion control or eliminate jitter
- Research new technologies and solutions, implement them or build better
What you’ll need to be successful
- A Linux Admin meets SRE/Programmer with an Infrastructure-As-Code mindset to help build the right tools for our continual improvement
- Focus on automation and strong Python skills
- Real experience within production environment. High-performance computer environment is a plus
- Understand how and where to kill snowflakes
- Knowledge of virtualization and networking, plus an emphasis in bare metal
- Experience with cloud providers as AWS or Azure a bonus
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- High attention to detail coupled with strong communication skills
- The ability to multitask and handle priorities in collaboration with other teams
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please let us know which technical domain is your strong suit in your cover letter and and provide us with a CV in English.