Market Risk Analyst - 2021
- Generous salary, plus an abundance of perks and benefits
- Relocation assistance provided if based outside of New South Wales, including flights and accommodation
- February 2021 start date
What you’ll work on
You’ll be part of a small team that develops and delivers the risk management activities of the entire firm, in a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment. You’ll help us improve our current risk framework. To keep us at the forefront of an ever-changing trading environment, you’ll create and improve risk monitoring tools. You’ll analyse risk and market data to solve practical problems. Day to day you will:
- Control market and credit related risks in the Asia-Pacific region
- Maintain and improving an effective Market and Credit risk management governance and control framework
- Advise on limits policies and methodologies, following up and enforcing solutions for limit violations
- Maintain, improve upon and build risk reports and tools
- Prepare daily reports for the Local Head of Risk
- Provide risk opinions and views to Trading and Management
- Daily contribution to ensure that the Risk Management team stay up to date with new developments in the risk arena
What you’ll learn
You’ll gain a unique insight into the trading environment at a market leading trading firm. You’ll develop skills to build your career in the financial markets. You’ll experience our passion for continuously developing a risk management mindset across the business. You will be given autonomy, responsibility and the support required to excel. You’ll be an integral part of multiskilled team, in a stimulating, adrenaline-filled environment, where work-life balance is valued and great work is rewarded.
Who you are
- Have a distinction average in Maths, Finance, Econometrics, Actuarial, Statistics, Engineering or a similar field
- Are a final-year/Honours/Masters/PhD student or a recent graduate (up to 4 years)
- Have a keen interest in the financial markets
- Are an adept communicator in person and in writing
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with a natural curiosity
- Are proactive by nature and have the ability to work autonomously
- Have good planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have a practical mindset with the ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Experience with coding (VBA, Python, Matlab or other) would be a plus
Who we are
Optiver. It’s a combination of the Dutch words for ‘trading’ and ‘options'. And that’s what we do. We’re a leader in Options trading (and other financial products) on the world's financial markets.
At Optiver, we do things a bit differently to most businesses. We operate without clients, taking risks and reaping the rewards ourselves. We play by our own rules and maintain an informal culture to make sure it's fun. We skip the mindless meetings and get on with it. And we celebrate high performance, individual excellence and doing better every day. We take serious things very seriously - like chasing wins and embracing the challenges of the market. We collaborate to solve open-ended problems in the most competitive market there is. We're about fast feedback and speedy solutions. Since we take the risk, we reap the rewards. And that's just how we like it. We collaborate to innovate. We share knowledge, ideas and the glory when everything goes right.
More than 1000 Optiverians around the world work to improve the market. Optiver’s a quiet powerhouse of creative problem solving and collaboration. We like challenges. We love success. And we’re proud of our culture, designed to give you plenty of opportunity and support to do amazing things.
Optiver is a truly high performing environment. We make life easy for you by taking care of the little things. Like lunch, which our in-house chefs prepare every day. And coffee, free from our barista. And fitness, with your free gym membership and access to group training sessions. There are massages every week, meditation training and lots of wellness perks. There are also plenty of ways to unwind, from our famous games room and social clubs to our many internal sports teams. And with a culture that celebrates wins, you can bet that from our monthly social events, annual trip, Christmas party and more, you'll find time to meet your fellow Optiverians and enjoy a party or two.
Optiver also believes in getting better every day. Our internal learning and development programs are designed to help you get to the next level. With in-house experts, a structured learning program and plenty of opportunities to learn as you work, you're always developing new skills. Which helps when you're solving the most interesting problems in the world.
Optiver embraces diversity and encourages applications from people with disability. Candidates will have the opportunity to request support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process in order to demonstrate their ability to meet the inherent requirements of the job.
Ready to take on a role with plenty of reward, responsibility and challenge? Take up the challenge and apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.