Job Vacancies Europe
System Performance Engineer
Are you the missing link between our IT and Trading? Do you aspire being responsible for the performance and availability of our key Trading strategies? Do you get excited about analysing complex and large sets of data? Then you might be our new System Performance Engineer.
What you will do
As a System Performance Engineer you will be responsible for the performance and availability of key Trading strategies. You will work in a fast-paced environment where your actions have a direct impact on our P&L and thus on the success of Optiver. This role does not only involve analysing and measuring, but also base-lining, deploying and technical troubleshooting of our trading systems. You will be working with highly skilled and engaged colleagues in an informal and dynamic setting. On top of that you will be in direct contact with our Traders and technical stakeholders.
As a System Performance Engineer you will:
- Investigate how Trading strategies can be more successful;
- Analyse large sets of data and use complex models in order to evaluate and improve Trading results;
- Develop theories to improve Trading strategies by using alternative set-up or by changing the software;
- Design improvements in our systems and deploy these in a test environment together with our Traders;
- Measure the effects of these changes in the Trading systems;
- Constantly be on top of your game to increase the team- and system performance.
As our new System Performance Engineer you will need to recognise yourself in most of the following requirements:
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience e.g. System Engineer, Developer or Data Analyst;
- The drive to develop Trading knowledge and deepen your technical skills;
- Solid experience in Unix and Networking;
- Good understanding of TCP/ IP;
- Solid understanding of SQL query language;
- Scripting skills like Bash, Perl, Python and/ or VB script;
- A hands-on mentality and a critical mind;
- The ability to get things done with your innovative and creative ideas;
- A Bachelor/Master degree level, preferably related to a technical/ Beta study.
No suits, no ties and no red tape. Our culture is one of our most valuable assets; result-driven, open and informal, team-based, ambitious and exceedingly flexible, whilst striving for professionalism within all our departments.
Our offices are modern and offer many stress-relieving extras, such as pool tables, table football and more. We give our employees the flexibility to be innovative, research their ideas and act upon them. Our working environment is ideal for ambitious and talented people who enjoy a challenge. Despite the independent nature of our profession, we are a very team-oriented company.
What you will get
A challenging working environment and great responsibility. In addition we offer you attractive profit sharing, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, premium-free pension, training opportunities, relocation package, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, Friday afternoon drinks and weekly in-house chair massages.
Apply directly via the APPLY NOW button for the System Performance Engineer position. Please provide us with a CV and a letter of motivation in English. For more information or questions, contact Sander Hattinga van ‘t Sant on +31 20 708 7000.
Unsolicited recruitment services for this position are not welcome.